Friday, December 31, 2010

Its a New Year!

2010 was a good year!  But I am really looking forward to what is in store for 2011!  I have been accepted into a Kinetic Sculpture exhibit in February 2011 in New Orleans at Ironworks!  Automata is the name of the exhibit and is comprised mainly of mechanical kinetics but I'm just as thrilled to be part of it!  I have two new kinetic mobile sculpture orders for 2011.  They are single mobile orders but orders just the same!  I think this is a great way to start out the year!

Here are some of the things I have been working on:
I do like the wave style mobile

I call this Bubble on a Wire

I really enjoyed doing the wirework for each bubble

See that no two bubbles or wirework are the same

This is a mobile make with the left over pieces from Jerry's Artarama Junkmail Challenge

I doodled a bit on a watercolor background

Worked on perfecting this painting technique - Still have quite a ways to go!

And for the new year I made this Butterfly.  I can see lots of these in my future

No comments:

Post a Comment