Saturday, December 4, 2010

Woo Hoo, Its Art Saturday!

I am so incredibly lucky.  I submitted a mini grant application to the Mississippi Arts Commission so I can take watercolor classes to improve my skills.  And they gave me the $500 grant!  So, every Saturday for the next 10 weeks, I am honored to receive watercolor instruction from Marina Cavette.  She is an awesome watercolorists from the same area of the country I am from, Los Angeles, CA but now resides in Natchez, MS.  It is the best day of my week by far.  Too bad I can't afford additional classes beyond what the grant paid for.  I'll just have to soak it up and make the most of it!

Here is what I am working on in my watercolor class















Every day I try very hard to ensure that I get a little painting done.  I don't have to complete the painting but atleast make a start of it.  The 1st picture below is what I worked on while taking my bath last night and the 2nd one I finished at lunch today.















The 3rd picture is the start of a value study which I started tonight.














Check back tomorrow or sunday for my progress on this value study -

Gotta start somewhere, learn something, and apply the knowledge to gain the experience needed to be successful in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment