Monday, February 7, 2011

House on the Rock - Romania -

I told myself when I started this watercolor painting and blog journey to put it all out there... The good, the ugly, and the really really bad.  I attempted to do an elevation drawing, straight on shot of the House on the Rock tourist trap at Dracula's castle in Romania for the Virtual Paintout hosted by Bill Guffey (really cool concept for painters who don't have the coin to travel the world).  Everything was going fine until I decided this watercolor was quite boring without shadows.... apparently the Google Streets camera was at this location at high noon.  So, I decided to put shadows.  Everywhere.... BIG OOOPS.  So, I just laugh, and try again.... but not before putting it all out there.  Note to self... don't add shadows where there are none.  And if you like perspective drawings, don't do elevations.  I still enjoyed the process!  And still have a very long way to go!


Here is the link to the actual Google Streets web address for this attempt:

Romania, House on the Rock - International Cafe outside of Dracula's Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment